Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Jetsons

Hanna-Barbera's futuristic cartoon, The Jetsons, premiered on television in 1962. I seen the other day on the news that a flying car was now in production in North America.....maybe George Jetson and his family we'rn't that far off on the cartoon.


On the cartoon they have moving sidewalks.....years later Cesars Palace in Vegas came up with that. If you noticed on the Jetsons, the television screens were really thin, just look at T.V.'s now.....remember, these drawings were in the days of thick, bulky T.V.'s.

On the show George only worked 9 hours a week..........I guess they really missed on that one......

Sixties Beat! by Kel Studios

2 comments:

  1. Calling all Mad Men fans!

    I've entered a contest to win a walk-on role on that retro-licious TV show "Mad Men".

    If you wouldn't mind taking two seconds to vote for me, go to my blog, or use the following link, which will take you right to my picture:

    http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH

    Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete