Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Barbarella


I argue with my son all the time about the 60's decade women looking MUCH better than the leading ladies of today.....I still think I'm right, proof up above!
Jane Fonda made the sci-fi movie in 1968 titled "Barbarella." I've read she was sorry for listening to her then director husband Roger Vadim to make the movie as she had turned down the roles for "Rosemary's Baby" and Bonnie and Clyde." to do Barbarella. (I'm sure later on he slept on the couch for that one....)
As a side note, the eighties band "Durand Durand, got their name from a character in the movie, Dr. Durand-Durand. Not much of a movie, but the visuals are "interesting." LOL

Sixties Beat! by Kel Studios

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, the 60's had some of the most beautiful women on the screen and on the music scene.
    There is no glamour now, can we say Lady Gaga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...exactly! Lady Gaga couldn't come close to Ann Margaret.lol

    Even the leading ladies in the 60's not only acted, but sang and could dance, and oh yeah....they didn't all have tattoos! lol

    ReplyDelete